The act of playing music with people of different cultures, religions, economics and politics is a powerful statement. It shows that we can find ways of working together and sharing our experiences with one another in a positive way. Music has the power to break down the walls between cultures, to raise the level of human understanding.
~ Mark Johnson, founder, Playing for Change
May 4, 2009
Peace through Music
I recently twittered the "Stand by Me" link to the Playing For Change: Peace through Music project. I was moved by what it is trying to accomplish and I'm buying the DVD tomorrow. Check out the link above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
That was great, Michael. Thanks for the link.
Dave, I was hooked after the first play, and enjoyed the other pieces as well. Shopping for speakers for the computer.
Michael: my geography is failing me but hoping that you're not anywhere close to the fires at hand.
Just shows that music is a universal language! I remember years ago being in Rome for the first World Youth Conference where 1/4 of a million youth converged in Rome and we were on the compounds of the Vatican and music was playing everywhere. Everyone was dancing and conversing but we all spoke different languages. Since then I've been hooked on music from all continents.
Luz your trip to the Vatican, Rome must have been a rich experience. I remember a couple of your photos of the pope and mother Teresa.
Post a Comment