Dec 23, 2008

A bird made my day less stressful.


Red shouldered hawk.

2 comments:

Luz said...

I bet she did! Read your tweet and sorry to hear about the stresses with your mom. Being a parental caregiver can be very taxing at times. I remember a few time seein my mom cry when she was taking care of my grandmother.

How was your Christmas shopping? I sure was looking forward to hitting up Trader Joe's in Santa Fe when I was going up for the concert. Oh well next time.

Merry Christmas to you and your Michael.

michael cota said...

Luz, Thank you. Yes it is very stressful, never knowing the what mood mom will be in when she awakens.
Or what horrible things she might say. But I maintain a cheerful attitude at all times, knowing that like other diseases it is only a symptom.

Most of my shopping was on line, and the rest was just to get out. I enjoyed being in the crowds and "feeling" the giving attitudes of the shoppers. It was more palatable than I have felt before, or maybe I was more aware this year.

TJ's is "the" place. I have tried to design my home menus around what I find at Trader Joes.
In fact when I was previously planning to move to Santa Fe, I made a mile and a half circle from TJ's on the map, and began looking for places to live. That way no matter what the weather I could always walk or bike there. Things change so fast including the economy and the big hit I took. Always an adventure this life.
Happy New Year to you and yours.