Feb 16, 2008

Bento Box diaries, conclusion



This is it. A Bento Box-like place setting neat, simple and one dish. With a ceramic liner that can be warmed or hold very hot food and then dropped into a bamboo box.
The beautiful traditional bento boxes are made of lacquered wood or plastic with plastic liner trays. Well that wouldn't do, I needed a Bento Box that would also serve as a dish for Mexican, Italian, Chinese as well as Japanese cuisine, hot or cold. It had to have at least 3 compartments that could take the heat. I found these at a local cook store chain. So far these have worked out well. They are heavy in weight and awkward to take out & remove from the box but make it easy for portion control. And since 90% of time we eat with our eyes, this makes a beautiful presentation with all cuisines, and especially Japanese.

1 comment:

Luz said...

I really like those! Nice title! ;-)